Blackheads have always been a beauty problem of mine as puberty hit me. As someone who used to buy packs of blackhead remover in malls and drugstores all the time, I realized its impracticality. These won’t go away easily. It would always come back which is why a few days ago, I searched for a homemade remedy. After endless results, I found the perfect one which involves a single ingredient commonly found at home— egg.
As said on The Sun, egg whites are packed with vitamins and rich in protein and albumin, both of which have skin-toning properties which help tighten large pores and hair follicles that secrete too much sebum, which ultimately causes spots. By tightening the pores, the egg whites naturally squeeze out the blackheads by drawing them to the skin’s surface.
- 1 egg
- Tissue (as many as needed)
- Cotton balls / makeup brush (as many as needed)
- Separate the egg yolk from the egg white and lightly beat the egg white.
- Get a piece of tissue and separate it. You should now have 2 thin tissues. Prepare more if needed.
- Apply egg white over your face with cotton or makeup brush. It’s important to focus more on the area where blackheads and whiteheads are prominent.
- Immediately apply tissue on face while wet with egg white. Note: egg whites dry easily which is why it’s important to apply tissue after every application.
- After sticking tissues all over the face, apply egg white on top of tissue mask with cotton or makeup brush.
- Leave on for 30 minutes. Note: You would feel the mask slowly hardening and your face should feel tight.
7. Remove tissue through upward motion. Inspect the tissue for the blackheads and whiteheads.
I found this remedy as both efficient and inexpensive. Also, it only requires minimum effort to do so. Also, egg whites help tighten skin pores! I suggest that you should do this at least once a week for better results. As I was thrilled with the results, I would be researching more natural remedies for better skincare. Feel free to try this at home!